Monday, March 17, 2008

My Funny Valentine

Every once in a while, my husband says something that absolutely cracks me up to the point that I can’t function properly. We were sitting at Wendy’s today talking about the subprime mortgage crisis. We are both of the opinion that the government shouldn’t bail people out of paying the consequences of their decisions. (My purpose is not to argue that point, but only to set the context of my new favorite Craig quote). So, anyway, we were talking about how if people don’t have to pay the consequences of their actions, they’ll never learn to use good judgment and Craig said sarcastically “I made a mistake when I got married the first time. Where was NAFTA on that one?” I don’t know why this made me laugh/continues to make me laugh so hard. I think it was the combination of the idea of the government paying for all of our mistakes and the absurdity of the North American Free Trade Agreement aiding Craig in his marital woes. (For the record, Craig does know what NAFTA is). Sigh…he’s so witty. I love that man…

0 comments: